Modern Wedding Favours for 2014
Fashions come and go, only to return again years later, but the practice of giving wedding favours to each guest remains a constant custom, although the nature of such small presents has changed as modern couples want more variety from which to choose. This is why our company offers favours with a difference, allowing our clients to select from many, many options and styles.
According to some trend forecasters, pink is back in a big way for 2014 weddings, so traditional pink and white coated almonds are once again perfect guest favours. Since pink is synonymous with all things romantic, one may expect to see the multiple influences of romance in bridal fashions, venue decor, crockery, glassware, table centrepieces and decorations, with ribbons, lace and candles galore.
Lilac, shades of blue, peach and corals are also expected to make an appearance, as are sophisticated neutral shades like cream and ivory with touches of gold – all spelling soft, subtle romance.
Things to Remember
Once the big question has been asked and the proposal accepted, planning commences. Some brides engage the services of a wedding co-ordinator and/or planner, but many prefer to attend to all these details themselves. Nevertheless, in both cases, the bride has a very busy time ahead of her, particularly if she is also working at the time.
Vitally important things such as the excitement of getting the dream wedding dress, deciding where and when to get married, whom and how many guests to invite, and what type of wedding cake to have made, may all too easily result in other details being forgotten, to the detriment of the ideal big day, so remember:
- Work out a realistic budget.
- Book venues and minister/priest/pastor/rabbi.
- Do research about vendors such as caterers, florists, bands or mobile discos and photographers, and book those of your choice well in advance of the wedding date – the earlier, the better.
- Meet caterers to discuss menu options and have a tasting session if possible.
- Book the above-mentioned vendors, once chosen, to ensure that they are available according to your schedule.
- Discuss the gift registry with retailers and sign up accordingly.
- Select wedding stationery – save-the-date, invitations and RSVPs. Thank You cards, menus and programmes may also be included once finalised.
- Visit your hairdresser to discuss your hairstyle, hair colour, headdress and veil, and make bookings for a trial run and the wedding day. Remember that hair should be cut and coloured several days before the wedding and not on the day, if applicable.
- Look at all the quality innovative favours listed on our website and contact us to arrange for exquisite personalisation and delivery of your gifts, stationery and candles.
Select from Many Diverse Favour Options
Because of the symbolism attached to prettily packaged almonds, they will never be out of date, but we offer lots more, from wonderfully African potjies, chocolate and edible items, candles in various forms, glass, boxed and tinned gifts, sparkling place card holders, wineglass bangles, serviette rings, engraving on glasses, puzzles, fridge magnets and coasters, to name but a few, and we personalise everything to perfection, exclusively to your requirements.
The entire process is undertaken via the internet, so bridal couples can devote their precious time to other planning aspects, knowing that their wedding favours have been taken care of, professionally and in good time.